A fresh coat of paint not only makes the exterior of your house look great, but it provides ample benefits too. Whether it’s a touch-up or a full-on repaint job, giving your home a facelift makes it stand out and can increase its value and appeal.
Exterior Painting: What You Need To Know
If you’ve determined your house needs some freshening up, here’s what you should know first.
Stick With The Pros
Oftentimes, homeowners think they can undertake an exterior painting project, but they’ll quickly come to realize how overwhelmed they are. Professionals, like the experts at Refined Painting LLC, already have the tools and experience to complete the project in a timely manner.
Choosing Your Paint Color
The most important part about painting the outside of your house is the paint color. The right color makes the house pop and stand out from the others on your block. Before you make the big decision, here are some items to consider.
- Think about the style and accents of your home. Is there brick or stone that you plan on keeping? What about your roof color? Try working with colors that complement their underlying tones.
- Consider your house’s lighting. Is your home in the bright light for most of the day? Exterior colors look dramatically different when they’re drenched in sunlight all day. You may need to use a darker than expected color to get your desired shade.
- Before deciding to paint the whole house, try a sample color. Paint your chosen shade on both the north and south sides of the house to see how it looks in different lighting.
The Right Time
A great-looking paint job is dependent upon the weather. Warmer days are the best time for painting, but you want to make sure it isn’t excessively hot and humid. Extreme heat could dry paint out too quickly, leaving an undesirable finish.
Also, if the paint is starting to chip or crack, those are the first signs your house is ready for a paint job. Experts usually recommend repainting the exterior every 5-10 years, but that’s dependent upon weather, owner upkeep, and the type of material needing attention.
Benefits of Exterior Painting in Queen Creek, AZ
Painting the exterior of your house is a huge undertaking, but it’s worth it. Here are just a few of the benefits a fresh coat of paint makes.
- Increases home value — That’s right, refreshing your curb appeal with a paint job adds value to your home. A great-looking exterior gets buyers motivated to check out the inside of the house.
- Repair damages — Before starting to paint, make any general repairs first. This can include cleaning mold and mildew or replacing broken siding and window trim. A quick inspection and addressing any minor issues now could easily save you from major repair jobs in the future.
- Protection — New paint on the exterior helps protect your house from the weather and insects and even keeps wood from rotting.
How Refined Painting LLC Can Help?
Our qualified experts can turn your dreaded chore into a masterpiece. Whether you’re looking for a touch-up or a whole house repaint, our services will meet your needs. We work on big or small jobs and will walk you through our process until you’re satisfied. We provide consultation on color selection and work around your schedule to finish the project quickly and efficiently.
We provide our painting services throughout Queen Creek, Arizona, and surrounding areas, making sure to pay attention to detail. If you’re thinking of calling in an expert for your next exterior paint job, don’t hesitate to get a free quote or contact us for more information.